Pages

Monday, February 11, 2013

Just Hit Me

A busy day until lunch time but I knew I had to take the afternoon off. I just wasn't sure if I was going alone or not.  I've been thinking about it since last night and I was going to do it alone. I'm glad Wendy  came with me. I'm not sure I could have done it alone. I was OK through the procedure, actually a little upset with the length of time involved but I guess they were trying to give us some time.Once the sedative kicked in and the iv was in place I had to leave.

I just finished up clearing the snow and came in the back door. Her favorite spot was in the back room, but she wasn't there. And that's when it hit me.  I'm sitting here alone in the living room typing this just to get it out of my head. I can take comfort knowing she is no longer in any pain but it doesn't really help.

I have a friend that had a dog that was in rough shape. He could hardly walk. I told my friend that if it was my dog I would not put her through that pain and I would have her put down. Two days later she had her dog put down. I felt terrible but I think it was the right thing to do.

Was I blind to her condition? If I was, I wish someone would have told me.







My favorite picture.

Gonna miss that "Little Girl"


Roxy
 July 2000 to Feb 2013

No comments: