Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Three in a row

 Although I didn't own it the whole time I've driven the blue one for 23 years. I was a good truck and I will miss it's dependability. I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've been stranded by it. The last was in February at Sleeping Giant. A seized alternator and a 2 1/2 hour wait. Not fun and on the way home the exhaust let go. We have been thinking for a while about replacing the blue one and now was the time. So the one in the middle is our new camping van, a 2005 Chev Express. The one on the right is my work van, a 2007 Chev Express. And yes I'm mixing them up already. One uses a remote to open the doors, the other requires a key. One has a sliding side door and the other has double side doors. But both drive and handle about the same. The old blue one goes to the scrap yard Friday and should bring about $350. There is so much to be done to get ready for camping. I hope the weather co-operates.


No comments: