Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Finally Arrived

My new used computer finally arrived today. A couple of scuff marks here and there but intact and operational. Only one minor problem, I no longer need it. Just after I ordered the computer a friend suggested that the problem with my old computer was probably a bad capacitor on the mother board. I pulled the motherboard last Sunday and sure enough I located a bulging capacitor. I unsoldered it from the board and replaced it from my pile of used parts. I like to construct circuits and have a good supply of used stuff so the replacement part was on hand. It has been over a week now and the old computer is working great! It looks like I have a nice spare computer for the next crash.
My first computer ran from 1999 to 2007, I replaced it to enable my software to handle the new cheque format. It still worked and was used by Kimberly for a number of years after that. The second computer has run since 2007 and is still going strong. I was lucky to be able to repair it.

A couple of pictures from this evening,



No comments: