Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Back to Pigeon River

I went back to Pigeon River / High Falls today. Maybe even a little too far. I wanted to venture a little further up stream from Middle Falls.



 So does this mean I was in the States today. The marker was definitely out in the water bed?
 
I could always bring a pair of bolt cutters and go for a short ride. The cable stretches across to a  stand on the US side. Very well maintained. But what for?


Anyway I did manage to take some pictures of the falls and in the park.




Looking down river from above the falls


Sharp, very sharp














 I even took a walk into High Falls, what a mess. I guess the cutting crew was in cleaning the trail. Lots of crap everywhere. Too much water running over the falls for taking pictures. I was at the viewing area for a couple minutes and got soaked. The mist was so heavy I didn't take my camera out. I walked down to a spot along the  gorge and took the following pictures. Both pictures were taken using a neutral density ND 2 filter. The filter reduces the light to the camera allowing the shutter speed to be reduced without over exposing the picture. The result produces the flowing water.


f/10, ISO 200, 1/5th sec, focal length 18mm



f/10, ISO 200, 1/6th sec, focal length 35mm

No comments: