Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

IT WAS GREEN ):

First it was aluminum, then it was green, then RV white. Now it's 1/2 back to aluminum and more money. When I picked up the self etching primer I wanted green, not grey. I had used the green on my boat motor and it worked great. The sales lady said its down there as I grabbed 4 cans. Neither one of us noticed that it wasn't self etching. Self etching paint does not require the removal of oxide before priming. Regular primer does. So after a coat of primer and two coats of rv white paint the whole mess just scrapes off with a finger nail. Off to Can Tire for paint remover and now it's half back to aluminum. I was so #$#$%^. Substitute any word you desire as I probably already used it.
This might just push me another week behind.

No comments: