Pages

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Back to the grind

Nine days of camping went way too fast. Lots of sun and a little rain allowed us to spend most of the time out doors. The kids were out on several occasions and we did quite a bit of fishing. I think our keep and eat total for the nine days, for everyone, was around 11. Below are the two I caught on Tuesday morning. Wendy's father and his Wife visited from Hamilton and spent a couple nights camping beside us. It went OK. All the kids got to meet him ( first time for Kimberly & Christoper & spouses ).

We ventured to Middlebrun Bay on Thursday and got completely soaked on the way back. We got caught in the first down pour, and made it to the car just before the big down pour started. Just after we got back there was a lightening strike about 6 camp sites back. It made a mess of the birch tree, luckily no one was hurt.

I hung a humming bird feeder out for the week and captured some interesting pictures, they are fast and with trying to quit smoking ( 9 days now ) my patients were a little thin. I managed to get some fairly good pictures.

All in all it was a good vacation but I could have stayed another week. Hope you enjoy the pictures below,





Tuesday's Bass




Bald Eagle on the Island



Unknown Flower


Humming Brids






( 2 images below taken with 500mm FD lens )






Lake near the Thunder Bay Lookout


Lake Superior from Silver Islet



Lake Superior from Silver Islet


Looking out Perry Bay


Green Leaf
(not sure why I like this but it grabs my attention)


Lightening Strike



Monarch Butterfly



Tired wet dog


The Sleeping Giant from the dock


Our Transportation


The van uses a self loader to get the boat on and off. It automatically walks the boat back, stands it on end and lowers it into the water. It takes about two minutes to load / unload the boat. The time consuming part is loading / unloading the fuel, motor, and other accessories. I can handle it myself and it usually takes about a half an hour to get in the water complete or back on the van to leave. I spend more time answering questions to everyone that stops and watches. Most people have never seen anything like it. I've only seen two other similar units and both were manually operated. I have a manual hand chain in case of a winch failure and it is actually faster than the winch.

No comments: