Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Trip up Mink Mountain

I wanted to go to Sleeping Giant today but couldn't find anyone to go with. Instead I decided to climb to the top of Mink Mountain. I was going out that way so it sounded like a good idea. It was my first visit so with camera gear, gps, and Spot loaded I headed to the top. A relatively short and easy climb but worth the trip. By the way the cell phone worked just fine. I even got my own Spot "OK" text message that I sent home. Just to let Wendy know I was alive. I send an OK every couple hours and she can track my position on Google Earth. In a week or so these pictures should be added to Google Earth and can be viewed by activating the Panoramio layer. Any picture from bwkre would be mine .



Cliffs on the south side of Mink


Sturgeon Bay from Mink Mountain




Cliffs along the Sturgeon Bay road


Sturgeon Bay



Lake Superior from the top of Mink Mountain



Cliffs from the Sturgeon Bay road







No comments: