Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mink Mountain & High Falls

Christopher & I headed to Mink Mountain & High Falls for some hiking this morning. We did the complete loop on Mink Mountain in about 3 1/2 hrs. and then headed to High Falls to see how much water was flowing. On the way back we went to The Dell, Christopher wanted to pick up his mail. Doctor Matt, the Vet, showed up and I got to ask him a couple questions about Roxy. He would like to see her and do blood work and a biopsy of her nose to see if she really has an autoimmune disorder. At the same time he wants to see if she may have early signs of diabetes. He said the star shaped stuff in her retina is a good indication of diabetes. So for a couple hundred buck we can find out whats wrong with her for sure. So what has my vet been doing for the last 3-4 years? Why didn't my vet want blood work and a biopsy? Why has my vet still yet to call me? I think I'm going for the second opinion. He said it sound like Roxy's immune system may be shot, but the only way to get the answers is through the blood work. He also suggested no more vaccines other than rabies ( which is now every 3 years). Lets do it.



Sturgeon Island


Growth on an old dead tree



High Falls

High Falls



High Falls







No comments: