Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

3 Falls

I left this morning at 7:30 AM and headed for a quick coffee before making my way to Kakabeka Falls. The plan was to visit Kakabeka Falls and hike to Little Falls in the park. I've been experimenting with exposure time and I like the results in the falls pictures. I got lucky to see a Bald Eagle but not quite close enough for a really good picture. It was taken along the Kam River just infront of the generating station. The pictures from Little falls were bad, not enough water to even see, it was mostly ice.

That took about 2 hours so I decided to make my way to Cedar Falls off Hwy 590. At the parking area I sent Wendy a Spot OK message to let her know where I was. A nice walk & small falls but difficult to photograph in the direct sun light. Way too much white. The old buildings were on a farm along the way.

It was only 1:30 so I figured I would try and make my way to Middle Falls at the border taking the back roads. I spent about 15 min. to find the route with my gps ( hand held ) and then set it on the dash in the track mode. Track mode would allow me to retrace my steps, just incase. When I arrived I sent another Spot OK message. I took a few pictures and headed back to town.

Total trip 115 miles, mostly driving but it was still fun.



Kakabeka Falls






Eagle


Generating Station overflow tube



Kakabeka Generating Station


Cedar Falls


Old Barn



Old Building


Pigeon River
Middle Falls












No comments: