Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sleeping Giant

I did a short trip to Sleeping Giant today. It was nice to see the campground gates open and a new sign. The gates will be open from 10-4 through to the end of March. No more parking on the highway. I walked down the groomed trail about 1/2km past the end of the 200's and back through on the road. That was a good walk, lots of people out today skiing. After that I moved the car to the front gate house and walked the Sibley Creek Trail, about 3.5km. I didn't see any foot prints other than deer. Lots of downed trees to climb over and the creek was almost all open water. I expected it to be frozen over. I lost the front toe ( large piece ) from one of my boots so I figured it was time to call it a day. I could feel my toes getting wet, good thing I had my shoes waiting at the car. Too hard to drive with boots on.














No comments: